Is your city struggling to improve air quality and reduce pollution from transportation? To better confront this challenge, we are proud to offer you the latest function in PTV Vissim: precise emissions calculations from Bosch, integrated into your traffic simulations.
What makes it special?
Cities and traffic planners can now immediately track how traffic measures, such as adapted signal control, intelligent transport systems, or different vehicle compositions, will affect vehicle emissions. This can be done by using PTV Vissim, which now allows you to integrate detailed emissions calculations from Bosch.
Bosch calculates emissions of the simulated trajectories on its cloud-based Air Quality platform, based on precise traffic and vehicle data. The new integration of this data into PTV Vissim is a perfect addition for municipal and transportation authorities, who are working to decrease emissions and to comply with environmental regulations.
How you benefit from the emissions function
- Cloud-based scalable calculations.
- Combine traffic results with emissions results.
- Emissions integrated into PTV Vissim data model - no external tool required.
- No additional purchase from another company or additional user-interface.
- Powerful evaluations and visualization options to present emissions with traffic flow statistics.
- Visualization options: lists, (3D)-visualization, charts, (2D/3D) AVI recording, scenario comparison.
Harmonizing traffic through emissions evaluation
Eco-optimized traffic management
Aligning with environment regulation
Download webinar recording of "PTV Vissim: Improve air quality with emissions calculations from Bosch"
We recently held a webinar, in which our experts showcased the interface between the traffic simulation and emissions data, using PTV Vissim, which now allows you to integrate detailed emissions calculations from Bosch. Get full insights on the new function and the benefits showcased in detail in our video-on-demand.
Better air is a vital factor when it comes to creating livable and sustainable urban areas. At the same time, our cities are growing, with more and more people and goods on the move. Our collaboration combines the data expertise of the leading technology company, Bosch with PTV's analysis and simulation technology. Together, we can empower cities to make sound decisions and effectively improve air quality.
Christian U. Haas
Chief Executive Officer, PTV Group
Measures to improve air quality play an important role, especially in cities. Implementation of these measures require precise data and simulations of the type and spread of emissions. Our collaboration creates the foundation for a long-term improvement in air quality, for example through traffic control.
Executive Vice President, Bosch Powertrain Solutions division
Emissions modelling was never this easy and accurate: Configurate your vehicle fleets, simulate your scenarios and you have emissions statistics along with other traffic flow related statistics to take into decision making into account which will lead to healthier and livable cities.
Dr. Jochen Lohmiller
Principal Product Manager Micro Simulation Mobility PTV Group
- One-stop solution to realistically simulate any traffic situation, from simplistic to complex.
- The most accurate simulation of roadway driving behavior, especially of lane changes and modeling of pedestrians, trucks, bicycles, scooters, and others.
- Allows testing for edge-case scenarios via simulation of driving errors, including temporary inattention, distraction and misjudgment of driver, and aggressive driver behavior.
- Provides industry’s most trusted integrated pedestrian simulation.