Date: February 2, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
Description: In this course you will learn and apply the principles of PTV Vissim’s dynamic traffic assignment(DTA) methods;learning how to generate a micro-simulation model from origin-destination data, search new routes and find convergence for the demand distribution. Participants will also be introduced to some travel demand modeling fundamentals.
Who should attend: Experienced PTV Vissimusers from all disciplines, demand modeling experience helpful.
Prerequisites: Vissim Introduction or equivalent experience generating microsimulation network models.Basicknowledge or experience in demand modeling preferred.
- Discuss the principles of DTA’s abstract network
- Explore the principles of Vissim’s destination and route choice methods
- Insert travel demand elements; zones, matrices, zone connectors, nodes
- Apply DTA calibration techniques
- Discuss and apply assignmentconvergence techniques