Multiple processors or multi-core processors are a good choice (especially if you want to run more Vissim instances), but processor frequency is still important. We would recommend choosing higher processor frequency (at least 3.0 GHz), because not all processes are parallelized yet.
Recent multi-core processor, e.g.:
- Intel Core i7-8086K,
- Intel Core i7-8700K
- Intel Core i7-9700K
- Intel Core i9-9900K.
- Intel Xeon W-2155
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, or better
- Cores: 4 to 8 (more than 8 will not help much compared to 8)
- Clock: more is better
- Over clocking (CPU name ending with a “K“): helpful
- Generation: 9th or 10th
- Preferably a large cache (however, this has a significant impact on cost)
- 16 GB or more
3. Disk space /Hard Disk (HD)
- 5 GB free disk space per product for full installation and sufficient storage capacity for project data handling.
- Solid State Disc
4. Graphics Card
- OpenGL® 3.0 or DirectX 11 support is recommended
5. USB / Network
- Either a full USB port for the dongle or access to a license server in the network is required for operation
- Microsoft Windows 8.1, latest Service Pack, but not Microsoft Windows 8.1 RT
- Microsoft Windows 10, latest release
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server, latest Service Pack
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server R2, latest Service Pack
- Microsoft Windows 2016 Server, latest Service Pack
- Microsoft Windows 2019 Server, latest release
The software can usually be run on most other versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system as long as they are currently supported by Microsoft (see Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet).
Restrictions may apply to older LTSB/LTSC or Education editions of Microsoft Windows.
- The software can be operated in virtualized environments, as long as license access (to a license server) is provided.
- For exploiting full computing capacity, physical machines are recommended.
- Administrator privileges are required for installing and updating the software and licenses.
- An internet connection (with Google Chrome or Firefox) is required for activating licenses on a dongle.
- A recent version of the firmware must be installed on the dongle. An internet connection is required to update the firmware.