PTV Vissim TSP/Preemption
Date: July 28, 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (PST)
In this half-day course you will learn and apply the principles of a Ring-Barrier Controllers Transit Signal Priority and Preemption methods; learning how to place the necessary network objects (detectors and signal heads) as well as how to program the logic into an existing PTV Vissim network.
Transit Signal Priority (TSP) provides additional green timing within a cycle to a specific phase when activated to reduce delay for that movement if the conditions are right. Preemption shuts down an intersection to allow a specific movement to traverse the intersection unimpeded.
Vissim Introduction or equivalent experience generating microsimulation network models. Basic knowledge or experience in ring-barrier signal control logic preferred.
- TSP Check-In/Check-Out Detection
- TSP Transit Stop Departure Detection
- TSP Early Green Priority
- TSP Extended Green Priority
- TSP Recovery Timing
- TSP Transit Delay-Dependent Operation
- TSP Reservice
- Preemption Check-In/Check-Out Detection
- Preemption Transit Stop Departure Detection
- Preemption Start-Up timing
- Preemption Conflicting Flow Clearance timing
- Preemption Dwell State timing
- Preemption Recovery timing
- Preemption Reservice
Terms and Conditions
The training service is covered by the following terms and conditions:
Once you are registered for this training course, PTV America, Inc. will require an advance payment to complete registration process.
Your training registration can be cancelled and refunded in full up to 30 days prior to the training start date and is not eligible for refund if cancelled within 30 days of the training start date.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.