Date: February 15, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
Description: This course explores static demand-based freeway facilities including segment geometry, driver behavior calibration, and evaluations. By the end of the course participants should feel confident modeling basic freeway segments in microsimulation using PTV Vissim software.
Who should attend: Traffic engineers or transportation planners preparing to build or review microscopically simulated freeway facilities in PTV Vissim.
Prerequisites: PTV Vissim Introduction orequivalent experience. Some experience in freeway operations and facilities preferred.
- Freeway geometry creation and best practices
- Freeway-specific speed and demand configuration
- Fleet types, classes, and compositions
- Performing evaluations on freeway facilities
- Calibrating driving following and lane change behaviors
Price: See registration page and training policy for details.
Duration: .5 day
PDH Credits: 3.5 hours