PTV Vissim Freeway Modeling
Date: July 13-14, 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (PST)
This two-session course explores modeling the standard freeway segments in PTV Vissim as well as implementing active traffic management strategies. By the end of the course participants should feel confident modeling Vissim link geometry for high-speed, uninterrupted flow, restricted access lanes for HOV or Transit, static and time-dependent toll lanes, ramp meters, speed harmonization facilities, and hard-shoulder facilities as well as how to evaluate and calibrate such facilities.
PTV Vissim Introduction or equivalent experience. Some experience in freeway operations and facilities preferred.
- Freeway geometry creation and best practices
- Freeway-specific speed and demand configuration
- Fleet types, classes, and compositions
- Performing evaluations on freeway facilities
- Calibrating driving following and lane change behaviors
- Configuring restricted access lanes such as High Occupancy, Transit, or Truck Lanes.
- Using and Configuring PTV Vissim’s Managed Lanes facilities such as toll roads or High-Occupancy-Toll lanes.
- Configuring static and dynamic tolling models.
- Introduction to VAP controlled active traffic management strategies such as Hard-Shoulder running, Variable Speed Limits, and Ramp Metering
Terms and Conditions
The training service is covered by the following terms and conditions:
Once you are registered for this training course, PTV America, Inc. will require an advance payment to complete registration process.
Your training registration can be cancelled and refunded in full up to 30 days prior to the training start date and is not eligible for refund if cancelled within 30 days of the training start date.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.