Date: March 21-24, 2022
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
Description: In our two-dayIntroduction courseto PTV Vissim,you will learn to construct a microsimulation network with static demand that contains common Urban and Freeway facilities. By the end of the course you should feel confident in PTV Vissim model construction and evaluation as well as some basic driver behavior, gap acceptance, and demand calibration techniques.
Who should attend: New PTV Vissimusers from all disciplines.
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge or experience working within the traffic engineeringor transportation planning industry.
Day 1: Network Construction
Morning - Freeways: Links Speed Demand
- PTV Vissim GUI overview
- Placing Links efficient efficiently.
- Freeway and Interchange Geometry
- Configuring various speed zones and speed profiles
- Placing and configuring static demand
Afternoon - Urban: Intersection Control
- Intersection Geometry
- Yield Control
- Stop Control
- Pre-timed Ring-Barrier control
- Actuated Ring-Barrier control
- PTV Vistro/Visum Import
- Scenario Manager
Day 2: Evaluation and Calibration
Morning: Custom Fleets and Evaluations
- Creating and adapting Vehicle Types, Classes, and Compositions
- Configuring PTV Vissim’s data collection and evaluation results
- Post-Processing evaluations
- Following behavior adjustments
- Lane change behavior adjustments
- Gap acceptance adjustments
- Speed and demand adjustments
Price: See registration page and training policy for details.
Duration: 2 days
PDH credits: 14 hours